Why Opposite End Windsurfing?

Long Island, NY
I really,really like to windsurf. It is my favorite thing to do, except for teaching kids about physics, that is. The only problem is that I am not so great at windsurfing, at least right now. Several people in my area have created windsurfing blogs, but they are really, really good at windsurfing (and not too shabby at blogging). So, I've decided to give a perspective from the opposite end of the windsurfing skill spectrum, hence the name Opposite End Windsurfing for my blog. In it, I will share the experiences of someone who is trying to become a really good windsurfer.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Night

So, back to windsurfing again. Had a good evening sailing on the 7.5 and the Ray last Monday afternoon/evening down at Tanner. Really like that flat water. Jim M. and Stephen were sailing, but left so I sailed by myself for awhile. Really quiet, flat, like a magic carpet ride.

This past weekend was ok, but not great. SE wind, really puffy, not very strong. Sailed 7.5/130 on Saturday, but was not planing all the time. Did a lot of tacks. Now, have to work on keeping speed up through tacks. On Sunday, I tried the 7.5 with the Ray, but it wasn't happening. So, I came in and got the Megacat. It worked okay with the Ezzy 7.5 but had a hard time railing it as the water is really shallow at Tanner and I didn't want to chance dinging the centerboard, so I only had it down part way. Plus, the Ezzy has a loose leech which I don't think produces enough power. It was a nice mellow day out on the water, though. I think I figured out how to jibe it while still keeping the speed up. (Not doing a flare jibe).

Anyway, it seems that some wind might be on the way for Tuesday through Thursday. Hoping for the best. A good SW blow would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment